Monday, April 8, 2013

Notifiblog: These Are Real Team Names

I'm out of ideas this morning.  Let's have a look at three sport teams that, rather than instill insecurity in the opponent, leave us scratching our heads saying, "huh?"

Thailand Tobacco Monopoly.  I had no idea until this very morning that there really IS a footy team named for a company that really existed.  I think I question the company's marketing team before I even think about the footy team's name.​

Scottsdale Community College Fighting Artichokes.  I think of artichokes as more passive-aggressive than fighting.  I think it's entirely cool that a community college has a mascot in the first place, however.

I'm torn for the third between two Japanese baseball teams:  the Tokyo Yakult Swallows and the Hiroshima Toyo Carp

Ooh, that's scary, kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment