Monday, April 29, 2013

Notifiblog: J2's First iPhone

I have joined the 21st century.  I upgraded my cell phone from a model that apparently I should send to the Smithsonian Institution to an iPhone 5.

I'm finding many uses for this phone.  I have discovered Apps...these App things are kinda nifty.

SimpleCount is awesome:  just a big button that says "Tap" and another that says "Reset."  It just counts.  Whatever you want to count.  I plan to use it for my current knitting project, which requires attention to number of rows between increases!

With my Fred Meyer app, I can see what's on sale, what has a coupon, and make a shopping list.  Apparently, I can also refill prescriptions, but I'm not up to sending PHI via smartphone just yet.

I also added a QR code scanning app.  Now I can see where those mysterious boxes take me!

Oh, and Siri...she was a bit snippy with me at first, but I think we're making friends.  And I took my first selfies...of my own feet, as promised.

BTW, of course I bought the only Hello Kitty in the shop for it.  It has little rhinestones on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment