Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Notifiblog: The Spit-Take (Worldwide Version)

Have you ever seen one of those old movies where the innocent man is being led to the execution chamber, and they have him all strapped and ready to go when a (usually red) phone, conveniently located INSIDE the execution chamber, rings?  And it's the governor, granting a stay of execution or even a full pardon

Shane Shown is playing the role of governor for us today, and I've been granted a stay of execution!  (Spit-take goes here.)

We were all having to clear the 6th floor so it can be leased to another tenant.  4PM was our deadline.  I was still packing the last of my stuff and finishing the last of what I wanted to accomplish when two pings arrived from Shane Shown and Nicki Gill (HR)...at 4:10.

Today is my first day working for Shane.  He's asking for some training documentation/user documentation stuff.  Exactly what I really did before I became a famous Clarity Wrangler.  The assignment goes until the end of April (or until the work is done or the funding is cut, more likely!), but in the meantime, the magic words were uttered to me: Full Benefits.  I'm still an FTE and I didn't have to (foolishly) give up the insurance benefits that would have lasted until early March, per my severance package.

So, I'm not wrangling Clarity, anymore, but I'm still here!  Back for more fun and games.  And hoping to get on with Internal Communications later.  Still got that big dream!  And still getting to write for Cambia!!


Shin-nen akemashite omedetou gozaimasu!
(Happy New Year!)

No comments:

Post a Comment