Monday, January 7, 2013

Notifiblog: It's (NOT) Pants! (Worldwide Version)

One of the funniest English phrases I've encountered since I began hanging with the British Origami Society crowd is, "It's pants!" This means something akin to when the Hawai`ian kids on my dorm floor used to say, "It's junk!"​

When they mean the kind one wears, they call those "trousers."  IMHO, regardless of what we call them, the best ones have pockets for EVERYTHING.  Even an iPad!

Pants are great for keeping us warm, socially acceptable, and intelligent!


When I was a kid, I had to accept on faith that the telling of falsehoods would cause my trousers to combust spontaneously.

Still, it took me a while to get that Progressive insurance commercial with the "Other Company" guys' trousers aflame.

No lie: this Monday shall NOT be pants!

No comments:

Post a Comment