Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Notifiblog: Let the Rain Fall on Your Face! (Worldwide Version)

There's an accepted stereotype about native Oregonians--usually referring to those of us from the NON-desert side of Oregon:  we aren't particularly bothered by rain.  I think it's true of a lot of us.  I LIVE that stereotype.

"I hope Karma slaps you in the face before I do"  J2 needs another snarky t-shirt or bumper sticker!  This was one of the items Google images provided when I entered, "Let the rain fall on your face," today's theme.

The song, Singin' in the Rain (1927 and/or 1929, depending on source) had to have been inspired by Oregonians. 

As early as 1929, Cliff "Ukelele Ike" Edwards sang the song, accompanied only by his ukulele.  This was long before the famous routine done by the inimitable Gene Kelly.
Leave your brolly behind!  Let a little rain fall on your face and sing a little song!

No comments:

Post a Comment