Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Notifiblog: Stuff That Glows in the Dark

I've always been fascinated with anything that is labeled "glow-in-the-dark."  I have (somewhere) glow-in-the-dark nail polish.  I've folded origami modles using glow-in-the-dark paper.  (Yes!  Someone has made that!)

Let's have a look at chemiluminescent products today!

Glow-in-the-dark nail polish (or nail varnish, if you prefer) is available cheaply  around Hallowe'en.​  You do get what you pay for, of course.


The coolest origami models are folded from glow-in-the dark origami paper.  My favorite models to make with this type of paper are tiny origami crane earrings (the paper starts at 1" x 1") and kusudama (modular ball origami).  If you're interested, Tomoko Fuse is the QUEEN of modular origami designs.  I should attempt a glow-in-the-dark senbazuru someday!

Finally, one of my all-time favorite glow-in-the-dark products is glow-in-the-dark GLITTER!!!  I'm such a sucker for those little bottles of joy you don't have to be 21 to buy.

No comments:

Post a Comment