Thursday, March 14, 2013

Notifiblog: How Stuff Works Thursday!

First, happy "Pi Day"!  (In my part of the world, today's date is written "3/14"...3.14... Just you wait 'til STAR WARS DAY!
Today, let's look at a few 1970s fads!

Mood rings just scream, "You want to learn how we work!"​  In a quietish way, of course.  They're back--The Handsome One bought one for me (with my name emblazoned on it!) at the (famous?) Toy Room shop in Bandon, Oregon.  I wear it every day.  And wash the black stuff off my finger every night.  (When I think of it, I put clear nail polish inside to avoid the black marks.)

CB (Citizens' Band) radios were all the rage!  Way before yappin' away there on your cell phone was even possible, people were putting CB radios in their cars and trying to mimic the slang shared previously only amongst truckersHow the antennae for CB radios work is ...learnable.

Pet rocks were so attractive to a ten-year-old kid who was growing up in an apartment in Southeast Portland.  However, I was more of a Rock-rights activist, capturing and caring for feral rocks as opposed to obtaining them from disreputable rock mills.  Why am I including this in a How Stuff Works Thursday post?  I don't know, either...but I loved the idea of a Pet Rock.  Think of all the unconditional love a Pet Rock can provide.

Maybe later we can explore good names for Pet Rocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment