Monday, March 25, 2013

Notifiblog: Happy Waffle Day!

Sorry, if I'd known there even WAS a Waffle Day, I would have decorated my house and sent appropriate Waffle Day greeting cards.  Today we celebrate yet another holiday that isn't listed on my Hello Kitty 2013 wall calendar.  I hope you will deign to accept this humble post as marking the day with at least a modicum of its due respect.

A waffle is a batter- or dough-based cake.​  The word, "waffle" first appeared in the English language around 1725, but it had different spellings and pronunciations in other languages, going back possibly to the 12th Century, CE, from a Frankish root word.

Waffles don't get their happy little syrup-collecting divots by hand:  hoorah for whoever invented the waffle iron!  Are you surprised to learn I have a Hello Kitty waffle iron?

Ordinarily, I'd put in a good word for any place called Waffle House, but I have since learned that The Original Pancake House has its origins in Portland, Oregon!  I will eat a hat-shaped waffle if Portland's Original Pancake House doesn't serve waffles. 

Ha!  They do serve waffles!
8601 S.W 24th Ave.
Portland, Oregon 97219
503-246-9007

The Handsome One and I will have to go there and try to re-start our erstwhile J1 & J2's Breakfast Blog with this one!  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment