Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Notifiblog: Stage Fright

I have to admit, I'm actually feeling a bit of stage fright:  today I have a 30-minute telephone conversation scheduled with one of my company's HR recruiters.  I've applied for an Internal Communications job within my company, and I have the audacity to think I'm qualified to do it.

Communication, in my humble opinion, is a meeting of minds.  One sends; the other receives.  If the meeting is successful, both parties come away with the same understanding.

I studied a few foreign (to me) languages for the joy of being able to communicate with people on their terms.  And IN their terms.  And so I could mutter at my computer in Japanese without hurting too many people's feelings.

I'm not sure if this is an interview-interview or a screening interview.  Either way, I'm happy finally to get an "up or down vote" as the congressional term goes.  I'll do my best not to start babbling--or shall we say filibustering--at the nice HR lady.

At least SOMETHING will be communicated today!  Thank you for letting me let off a little nervous steam here.

No comments:

Post a Comment