Monday, February 25, 2013

Notifiblog: The Oscars Aftermath

I can't believe I watched the whole thing--minus that "red carpet" entry bit.  There were a few surprises; mainly movies I'd never heard of that were nominated for various awards.  And one I had heard of but figured no one would ever know anthing about it.

I was happy to see another Pixar win for Brave.  The little CGI studio The Handsome One's cousin and five other people started is doing well.

Searching for Sugarman won for best doco.  I wouldn't have known anything about it, but The Handsome One stumbled onto the story and bought the soundtrack, which includes most of the two albums Sixto Rodriguez recorded before he disappeared and became an icon in South Africa, Botswana, Rhodesia, New Zealand, and Australia.  Everyone thought he was dead.  Happy discovery, eh!

It was also nice to see an award go to Paperman, a Walt Disney Animation Studios release.  John Lasseter of Pixar did have some input.  This animated short was released with Wreck-It Ralph.  I recognize the brilliant facial expressions for which Pixar has set the standard.

So, did you watch the show?  Did you see any of the movies that were nominated?

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment