Thursday, February 14, 2013

Notifiblog: Okaaay. Valentine's Day, if we must.

If you know me, you know I go overboard with the Hello Kitty and the Cute.  You'd think that makes me an expert on the romanticism of Valentine's Day.  Not really.  ​My favoritest-ever Valentine's Day prezzie (which I specifically said was NOT a requirement, beforehand) was one a Leatherman tool.

We can blame the idea of exchanging Valentine's prezzies and cards on Geoffrey Chaucer and his pals.  By the 15th Century, romantic love was gaining more popularity than courtly love.

Courtly love must not be confused with Courtney Love.  Just saying.

In Japan, today is the day we women give chocolate to the men in our lives.  Even to teachers and bosses.  Somehow, it's not as creepy as it sounds.  And yes, it's only the women giving chocolate to the men.

Just wait 'til White Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment