Monday, June 24, 2013

Notifiblog: How to Navigate a Grocery Store the Zombie Way

​What is it about going out to acquire food in an American urban setting that turns us against one another? Just about every time we go to the local grocery store, I find myself having to navigate carefully around the wheeled vehicles of doom. Aka, shopping carts or shopping trolleys.

I have found that the most aggravating part of shopping in our local supermarkets is not the waiting in line, nor the struggling for items placed on shelves so high only professional basketball players can reach them. It's those infernal shopping carts.

Actually, it's the people maneuvering them. It's like the cart is an instrument that automatically allows them to walk in a straight line without any thought of consequences to others' bodies or toes. Almost as bad as people are with baby strollers. You've seen it; you know what I mean.

So, I have learned to blend in with them. I walk slowly and steadily, rarely averting the cart or my eyes, muttering under my breath, "Braaaaaiiiins! Or Tuna. Tuna is fine." (quoting one of my all-time favorite LOLCats)

Try it! If nothing else, it's fun to see little kids react.

No comments:

Post a Comment