Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Notifiblog: Happy National Running Day (US)!

Wednesday, June 5, 2013 is National Running Day. Sadly, the official site, www.runningday.org appears to be down as of this writing.

How does one celebrate NRD?  I wondered the very same!  I thought if I'd only known, I would have sent cards, bought and wrapped presents, put a tree in my living room...oh, wait, that's a different holiday.
I'll visit the easier ones from this article about ten ways to celebrate NRD.  I'm out of shape enough.

Get new shoes.  Yes, that's actually a tip!  If ever there were practically a mandate to go shoe shopping, this is it!  Oh, RUNNING shoes?

Think about potato chips.​  Now this one I can do:  ease tension in your arms while running by...pretending to hold a potato chip in each hand!?!  Pretending?!?

Eat dessert.  Ha!  "The average women can burn 345 calories in just 30 minutes of running."  Whew!  That's harder than I thought.  I was thinking more of spending that 30 minutes eating dessert.

Maybe running is your sport.  For me, I'm more a walking-tai chi-jazz dancing type.  ENJOY, all the same!

No comments:

Post a Comment