Monday, July 22, 2013

Notifiblog: Out with the Clutter!

My home is undergoing a huge cleanout. We have too much stuff. Now, I learn I may be at risk for compulsive hoarding. Let's not let that happen, eh!
I read some of the symptoms, and I see myself! I'm not quite there yet:
"They tend to hold onto a large number of items that most people would consider not useful or valuable. For example:
  • Junk mail
  • Old catalogues and newspapers
  • Things that might be useful for making crafts
  • Clothes that "might" be worn one day
  • Broken things/trash
  • "Freebies" or other promotional products picked up"

Yikers! I like to think I'll make craft things out of ...well just never mind: it's going into the recycling bin TODAY! I can craft with what I have when I'm actually sitting down with my trusty glue stick!

True compulsive hoarding is not a joke. It's recognized as a type of OCD (Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder), but there is no ICD-10 code that I know of for it, yet.

I pledge to organize the true supplies I have (such as yarn and origami paper), and to discard all the catalogues and junk-mail things I keep thinking would make a cool collage someday. It can make a fine collage in the recycling bin, thanks!

(Yes, TODAY!)

No comments:

Post a Comment